How to use

Jan 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I know this i elementary information, but would you please give detailed instructions on how to make use of this utility.  I have downloaded and unzipped the contents.  What do I do with the contents?  I think the stsadmcommands.audiencemigration.xml needs to be placed in the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG.  Is this correct?  What else do I need to do?  Is there a compile or build involved or do I need to put other files in other places?

Thank you for helping a lost soul!

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Long time since I made this, but I assume you just add the SharePoint.AudienceMigration.wsp solution and deploy it. The assembly will be deployed to the GAC and the command xml will be placed at the correct location.

Hope it works!

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I know this shows my ignorance, but how do you add the SharePoint.AudienceMigration.wsp solution and deploy it?

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2011 at 8:38 PM

No problems. You just use the stsadm command addsolution from a command promt:

stsadm -o addsolution -filename <your path>\SharePoint.AudienceMigration.wsp

stsadm.exe is located in a bin directory under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12 (I think. I'm using my sharepoint 2010 server at the moment).

Then deploy the solution from Central Administration (under operations / solution management).

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Looks like that did the trick....      Thank you very much!!